Thursday, January 31, 2008

Doggone Slacker

I have been called a blog slacker, so I'm attempting to correct the situation. The problem is that while things have been very busy lately, nothing has been particularly newsworthy. Things have been simply sailing along.

A few notes of interest: Sailor had her gymnastics class last night, and they finally worked on the bars and hand rings. Finally, it was Sailor's time to shine. She can't do a cartwheel, but that kid is a monkey on the bars. Her teacher watched her for a little while, then she called Sailor up to the front of the class and used her as the example of what the other girls should be doing. I was very proud of her.

Jack doesn't really have the busy schedule that Sailor has, but he has started taking Gymboree classes. They basically run wild in the toddler-sized gym, and they have a teacher who leads the kids and their moms in different lessons (big and small, loud and quiet, etc.). Jack is mostly interested in the balls scattered around the room. He runs from ball to ball shouting, "A BALL! A BALL!" He doesn't really like to participate in the lessons, but he enjoys watching the other kids while he does his own thing.

I hope to remember my camera one of these days, and I will post some photos of their respective classes. I also hope to remedy my slackness on the blog. As long as I have Watson to send me vicious e-mails about it, I think I have a shot!